Night Light Cafes
Lincoln’s Night Life Cafes provide safe spaces for people who are experiencing a crisis in their mental health.
Staffed by trained volunteers, the ten cafes are based in local churches and provide an out of hours non-clinical mental health support service. Telephone support is also available for people who do not feel able to attend a café in person.
Visitors to the cafes will receive a warm welcome and refreshments, the opportunity to talk face-to-face with appropriate signposting advice and referrals to other agencies for help and support if required.
Since opening in June last year:
- 323 individuals from across Lincoln have received help from the Night Light café service - with two out of three receiving appropriate help to mean that they did not require any further support from the county’s crisis mental health team or Accident and Emergency, keeping critical mental health services available for those most in need of help and support
- there have been 715 attendances at the Night Light Café service
- 1,019 calls have been made to people asking for telephone support
People looking to use the Night Café service can simply message the team on Facebook @nightlightcafelincoln or call 0300 0111 1200. Informing the Night Light café team of attendance in advance helps to make sure appropriate COVID social distancing measures are followed and that sufficient volunteers are available.
Agencies including the NHS and other public sector organisations can refer their clients using the online form available here: https://forms.gle/1j6QaDrJXeCfZiYg6
The Night Light Cafes are available at the following venues across Lincoln:
- Monday 4pm - 8pm at St John the Baptist, Laughton Way, Ermine, LN2 2ES
- Monday 8pm - 11pm at Bridge Central, Portland Street, LN5 7NN
- Tuesday 4pm - 8pm at St Giles Methodist Church, Addison Drive, St Giles, LN2 4LH
- Tuesday 8pm - 11pm at St.Columba’s Church Centre, Brant Road, LN5 8SE
- Wednesday 4pm - 11pm at Bailgate Methodist Church, Bailgate, LN1 3AR
- Thursday 4pm - 11pm at Boultham Breakthrough centre, Boultham Park Road, LN6 7ST
- Friday 4pm - 8pm at Life Church, Birchwood Avenue, Birchwood, LN6 0JE
- Friday 8pm - 11pm at Bridge Hub, Newark Road, LN5 8NQ
- Saturday 8pm - 11pm at The Salt House, Free School Lane, Lincoln, LN2 1EY
- Sunday 8pm - 11pm at Alive Central, Newland, LN1 1XG.
For any further information, please contact Stacey Marriott, Crisis Café Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.